AUTHOR ROBERTO FUSTÉ
Roberto Fusté is currently Executive Advisor for regional strategy at Fresenius Medical Care (DAX). He was formerly member of the company's corporate Management Board in Germany for 18 years as well as CEO of its operations in Asia Pacific for the same period. During his responsibility at the Board, Fresenius Medical Care grew from USD 3.8 billion revenue in 1999 to USD 17.9 billion revenue in 2016. And the Asia-Pacific region grew from USD 130 million revenue in 1999 to over USD 1.6 billion in 2016.
Besides driving valuable and sustainable growth, Mr. Fusté was particularly passionate about inspiring each of the nearly 10,000 team members in Asia Pacific to achieve outstanding performance through higher levels of professional engagement, personal satisfaction, and career development.
Having founded various companies, Mr. Fusté is also an experienced entrepreneur. Nephrocontrol S.A., one of the companies he founded, was acquired by Fresenius Group in 1991 and forms the base of a very successful Fresenius Medical Care subsidiary in Spain today.
Mr. Fusté studied Economic Sciences at the University of Valencia in Spain. He currently resides in Hong Kong and recently published The Valueholder with the aim to inspire individuals to achieve meaningful purpose in their professional life.
Positions Held at Fresenius Medical Care:
- Executive Advisor (Present)
- Member of Management Board (1999-2016)
- Chief Executive Officer Asia Pacific (1998-2016)
- Executive VP Strategic Marketing & Corporate Development (1995-1997)
- Executive VP Peritoneal Dialysis Latin America (1995-1997)
Board / Leadership Positions at Other Organizations:
- Adventist Health Hong Kong – Board of Governors (2016-Present)
- Hong Kong Adventist College & Hong Kong Adventist Academy – Board Member (2017-Present)
- Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong – President (2009-2011)